SEQRA & NEPA IMPACT / ECONOMICS / FISCAL / PERMITTING / PLANNING
►Diligent, competent, equal-handed service, attention to detail, time and budgetary commitments, a versatile skill set, mediating standpoint and common sense judgment have
been hallmarks of over 25 years in the planning profession.
- A wide range of environmental, land use planning, permitting, environmental and development advisory capabilities.
- Learn more about the practice in the Resume, and Services and Projects pages.
- NYC, Westchester, Hudson Valley, Long Island and New Jersey
►An approach that seeks to provide value to every client and add value to every project.
►Take a look at the list of municipal and private-sector clients on the Clients and Municipalities page.
►Whether you are an attorney, architect or engineer, consultant or consulting firm, municipal official, developer or development professional, call us to discuss how we can
help you reach your goals.
►Can we do any of the following for you, your organization or agency?
- Work with applicants, property-owners, municipal officials, review boards & government agencies to address development issues.
- Prepare and review environmental and regulatory documents.
- Perform reliable fiscal and economic analyses.
- Coordinate the activities of other professionals.
- Work with regulatory agencies to obtain permits and licenses, and changes to resource mapping.
- Provide thoughtful, informative guidance for planning and development projects. Focus efforts and make efficient use of limited resources. Develop
thoughts and vet ideas. Understand and articulate competing viewpoints.
- Meet your time and budgetary commitments.
- Reduce the time needed to become familiar with NYS's new SEQRA forms.
- Advocate for good planning, sound development, a greater range of options for current and future generations, and conservation of land and energy.
- Evaluate a proposal or a plan.
- Identify needs, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities or threats.
- Research, organize, evaluate and present complex information.
►For agency clients specifically, we can:
- Assist with grant applications and administration
- Work with and back up staff for planning & zoning administration
- Free up staff time for other tasks
- Organize and manage information and department activities
- Review environmental documents such as EISs
- Draft ordinances and code amendments
- Prepare, edit and revise policy documents
- Prepare background studies and opportunities analyses
- Meet with applicants and citizen committees
- Work effectively with municipal staff and other consulting professionals
- Mediate the interests of applicants, municipal and agency departments and staff, and board members
- Develop the record for projects under review to support prudent, timely and substantiated decision-making.
►Want to see what else we can do for you? Detailed information is in the Statement of Qualifications below. See the Services and Projects pages for information
on specific services and projects.
►A quick snapshot of John Lynch's core competencies is provided in the skills-oriented resume below. See the resume web-page for other resumes and additional information.
See below and the Interesting Ideas page for blogs, ideas and things that I like.
Westchester Municipal Planning Federation
INRIX Traffic Scorecard
Scenic Hudson's Sea Level Rise Mapper
"Bronx Irish at the Ramparts", 1984 documentary about changing northwest Bronx & Back in the Bronx presentation
PBS's "Visions of New York City"
NYC Channel 7 Eyewitness News Special: Climate Chaos
US Green Building Council -- Neighborhood Development Resources
Westchester County, New York Mapping / GIS Resources
NYS DEC Online Interactive Mapping
Look up your family in a 1940's phone book or just see pictures of the old neighborhood.
Check out www.1940snewyork.com/
City Limits is a New York City-based non-profit that strengthens community engagement on civic, economic, and social justice issues. Since 1976, we’ve fulfilled our mission by publishing
investigative journalism, documentary photography, creating new media and convening conversations that increase public awareness.
Planitizen Web-Feed (Planning Related Articles Culled from the Web and Print Media)
GOOD is the integrated media platform for people who want to live well and do good. We are a company and community for the people, businesses, and NGOs moving the world forward.
ArtPlace Archived Articles -- Creative Placemaking
Ephemeral New York